How do I know if I am a good candidate for pterygium surgery?
This is determined with a simple evaluation by Dr. Klein and Dr. Scannapiego.
- Patients outside the area of NY / NJ, who have to travel, can send photos by email to help doctors assess whether they are good candidates (see instructions below).
- If you are pregnant or nursing a baby, it is better to postpone the surgery for after pterygium.
- If you have active lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or other autoimmune disease, the procedure should not be done.
- If you are taking anticoagulants for stroke or atrial fibrillation, the procedure should not be done.
How long that Klein and doctors have been performing Scannapiego pterygium surgery Isowhite ago TM ?
Doctors have been doing pterygium surgeries for 15 years and have developed their distinctive procedure Isowhite TM throughout all this time.
Are there other doctors who perform pterygium surgery Isowhite TM ?
Only our group has pioneered this special treatment and postoperative care. Very few surgeons have been able to achieve such spectacular results from the medical point of view and cosmetic with recurrence rates as low.
Does insurance cover pterygium surgery Isowhite TM ?
Yes. And our office participates in most insurance plans.
What if I have insurance?
We can perform pterygium surgery Isowhite TM Elizabeth in our office that will save between 50 and 70% of having surgery in a hospital or surgery center.
If I have to Traveling, How I can make my pterygium surgery on both eyes on the same day?
What are the risks of pterygium surgery Isowhite TM ?
The surgery is very safe. There is a very small risk of infection after surgery, which is minimized by the use of antibiotic drops. There is a very low probability (less than 1%) that a pterygium regrowth partially or completely. There is a very low probability (around 1%) to meet with a scar after surgery.
In some patients the eye pressure may increase due to medications used after surgery. Ocular pressure should be monitored during the healing period so you can try if necessary.
It is normal to take 3 to 4 weeks with mild irritation or redness and light sensitivity after the procedure. His view, however, will not be affected and can usually return to work the next day.
What kind of anesthesia is used?
The procedure is done under anesthesia external and local use. There is some mild stinging when applying anesthesia pain, but the procedure itself is painless.
If you have already made me a pterygium surgery but I returned to growth, pterygium surgery does work Isowhite TM for me?
Yes, usually the surgery can be done again and the risk of recurrence remains just about 1%.
What if I am using eye drops like Visine or other counter drops for redness of eyes?
It is best to stop using such drugs at least 2-3 days before evaluation for surgery to see the natural state of your eyes. The long term use of such drugs is not beneficial and should stop using them anyway. For more information, visit the website of The Review of Opthamology website .
What do I need to avoid during the healing period?
Most importantly, do not rub eyes. If you rub your eyes, could result in separation of surgical tissues. Instead of touching, lubricants must use artificial tears to relieve itchy eyes during the healing period. Also avoid wearing contact lenses (lenses), swimming and eye makeup for 2 weeks after surgery. You can start doing exercises that do not demand much effort from 2-3 days after surgery, but should avoid excessive sweating near the eye during the first week.
Do I have to use eye drops after surgery?
In most cases, the use of eye drops including antibiotics and anti-inflammatory 4 to 6 weeks after surgery is required. You will receive the instructions in our office after surgery.
How do I send photos of my eyes?
Dr. Klein send them by email to email@example.com :
- Shoot one eye at a time. The camera must be only a few centimeters of the eye (ie whole face must not be seen in the photo).
- Use a real camera if possible, not a phone, to get a clear, sharp image.
- Be sure to focus clearly the blood vessels of the eye surface.
- You be photographed outdoors, preferably when there is sun, without using the flash.
- It is best that someone else take care of the picture for you.
[/ Fusion_text] [/ three_fifth]